I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Thursday 19 July 2012

Style and Comic Collections

No I haven;t dropped off the earth. No, I haven't given up. I've moved. And that has been a serious ball-ache. As you can see from the scars on my walls.


And now for the first time in nearly ten years my comic book collection is now in one place. True, they are scattered throughout my new house (like three rooms and I do mean scattered). I piled up all the longboxes together and something occurred to me...

Something that I'm sure all comic collectors have when the amass a stupid number of comics, must also realise:

That the white cardboard comic box is a contender for the most ugliest thing in the world.

True they are functional, and are wonderful for storing my precious books in a way that is archival safe (or so they tell me). And that they stack okay. So I can get a large number into an economically efficient area.

But... after a few years. They deform due to weight and movement. They also appear to change colour, becoming more yellow. Also, different suppliers have slightly different measurements, so its really difficult to get them all to be exactly the same, thus spoiling the overall presentation.

Rant conclusion, look at them. They are simply not a sexy way to show off a collection that I have spent a small fortune on and a lot of time pulling together. Something better must be done. And quickly.

A utopia must be created!!!

Watch this space.