I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Oh, how true this is...

When you have immersed yourself with Batman history in quite a short period of time, you need a sense of humour, because in Gotham a lot of people tend to die. Repeatedly. Often in quite horrible ways.

Maybe I'm just saying that as I'm reading Grant Morrison's first arc in Batman and I'm just a little burnt out. I haven't got many early Batman books, but I'm looking forward to reading them as there might be a lot less blood squirting about. Y'know: a change is as good as a holiday?

I came across this on the-gutters.com, and it occurred to me how much scope there is for dark humour and parody in Gotham. Enjoy!