I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Friday 27 May 2011

I had to go. A comment I got from the Alan Moore meeting post, meant I had to. My new favourite comic dealer recommended (a post will arrive later about this decision) another dealer because he had lots of Batman comics.

So there I was in Warrington. I've never been to Warrington before. And I'm sure that nobody else that lives south of Stoke has either. In fact, the only thing anyone in the UK knows about Warrington is that there is a fairly decent Rugby League team. So in a nutshell, not many. Thing is I will have to go back. When I have a lot more time and a lot more cash.

Millennium Comics sits at the end of an indoor market. It looks totally out of place in a place full of old school greasy spoons, sweet shops, and proper butchers (that deal in imperial measurements, as God intended).

But what a back issue selection. Almost deceptively so. This was almost as good as the London haul as it filled in a lot of holes that needed to be filled (if John Wagner was walking about, then it would have on a par!). The owner tried giving me a hand, routing out longboxes on a Thursday- which is probably a UK dealers busiest day, which was kind of him.

Should you live in the Rugby League country (and believe me, we know when we do) and you have a collection that needs to fill a lot of holes, a trip to Warrington Market is recommended. So what did I get?

Batman Villains Secret Files & Origins 1998 & 2005
Batman: No Man's Land... and the Hero is missing (one shot)
Batman: No Man's Land: Ground Zero (one shot)
Robin 3: #6,
Shadow of the Bat Annuals '94 & '97
Batman: one million, 560, 575, 604, 629,
LOTDK: 169, 172, 177-184
'Tec Comics: 711, and 525 (already have this but I wanted another 'cos I love the cover)
Catwoman #57
Azrael: All the annuals (yay!), 27, 52, 54, 57, 60, 61, 97, 99,
Nightwing: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 29, 30, 50, 52, 55,

Good times, good times!