I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Friday 2 September 2011

Batman #713- The End?


That's the last of the Batman Volume 1. First published way back in 1940, with a history of important key issues, cool stories and brilliant entertainment. And now without dispute, the most prominant title in my collection. I suppose life goes on, and all of that.
I thought I'd pick it up 'fresh' as these last issues tend to go up in value (although, I really never understand why), fortunately I fell in love with the awesome cover when I saw it on CBR, and just knew that I had to pick it up.

Cool, huh?

As a collector, I am selfishly thankful for DC unintentionally putting in a conclusion for my near four thousand comic buying frenzy (no more to get after the DC52!). Although I am sure going to miss this 1940 incarnation of the 'Batman' title, I genuinely hope that by pressing the reset button on every single title, they actually inspire (and corrupt) a new generation of comic collecting hobbyists.