I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

The end of a beautiful friendship

Over the last five years, my main comic dealer has been the Forbidden Planet in Bristol.

No matter, where I've moved around in the south, I always kept the same dealer on the basis that my standing orders would never suffer a horrible gap in the collection. True, an element of laziness might have crept in, but I simply never had any reason to take my business elsewhere.

As I have moved over 200 mile away, and before I pick up of what will be over six weeks of comics sitting in my drawer, I want to publicly say thank you to the team there.

Thank you for saving my comic books! Also, thank you for actually making time to have a conversation with me whenever I make my sporadic visits, as it actually made the often one hour cat journey totally worthwhile.