I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Monday 6 June 2011

Great stuff...

Nightwing is really starting to grow on me. And I have to stop liking it, for the benefit of future enjoyment.

Usually when I start collecting a series (like I've got any option, since starting this thing), I will take a few tasters. I'll see if I like the style of a book to check if this would be something I could get involved with. This is a tactic that I've utilised with Marvel titles. For example, when deciding to pick up the BMB/Brubaker run on Daredevil, I bought a random complete story arc midway through the run. In that case: I tried, I liked, bought 'em all and then read the entire run in one go. Afterall, there is nothing worse than reading a run in many disjointed pieces, especially when you've made the conscience decision to complete the whole thing.

To be fair, I loved the first 12 issues that I had picked up years ago, as they were eminently readable. Now after continuing to dip in and out of the title, I have made a bold decision. I will not read another Nightwing comic until I complete the whole hundred-plus run. This is going to be tough to keep too, but good things go to those that wait!

Already I've decided what I like about the ongoing Nightwing. And I think that one of the main reasons can be captured in this one page from #33.




Cool Chuck Dixon writing, and Scott McDaniel... your art just rocks