I woke up one morning and had a dream... Could I own every single issue of Detective Comics, Batman and all of the other subtitles in the Gotham universe?
Insane? Stupid? Inspired?
This can only end in obsession and financial chaos.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Reviewing the Pull List

So, I'm about to finish my pull list with my Forbidden Planet in Bristol. So, now would be an ideal time to have a review of it, before handing it to my new Comic Dealer. Perhaps, I think, I might cull a couple of titles:

Hellboy,
BPRD,
+ The other Mike Mignolia Books
Batman Inc
Batman: The Dark Knight
The Boys + the specials.
Godland
PunisherMAX
DMZ
Powers
MillarWorld Books
Incognito/Criminal

The certain change is I'm planning on cutting 'other Mike Mignolia Books', and then I'm struggling. In fact, after that, I may only stop getting BPRD, and that is only because I'm just not into it as I was a few years ago. That said, I had liked where it was heading although it is taking forever to get there.

And it dawns on me that by the years end, a lot of these titles are going to permanently end (DMZ, Godland and the Batman books), or come out so infrequently that it doesn't justify cutting them (Powers and the Millarworld titles) . It looks like my pull list cull, might be quite a stress free operation and will continue over a long period of time.

Eventually, that means it frees up more cash for my Quest to collect all things Batman.